Re: [Anjuta-list] Feature request: simple projects

On Sun, 2001-12-30 at 13:39, Lo'oRiS il Kabukimono wrote:
> Hi all!
> Firstly i'd like to say that anjuta is sooooooooooooo gooooooooooood :)
> Really, i searched for a good ide and this is the best i found!
>
> And i'd like to ask for a new, simple (yes it is simple) feature:
> - i have lots of little project, for what i did myself the Makefile, and that don't need complicated thigs like configure or complex directory structures... But it looks like that the only way i can have a Project in Anjuta is to create one in that way... Instead i'd like to have a simple Project where Anjuta helps me to open the files using a tree browser (like it does in the current projects AFAIK), and compiles it using *my* makefile: it runs "make".
>
> i don't know if i explained well... let me know... thanks!

Hi!

I like anjuta too, although I use it as a editor only:-)

I have a simular problem to the one from Lorenzo: I have a single big
project complete with Makefiles and configure scripts. I'd like to
manage that with Anjuta: It should *not* mess with my configure scripts
or Makefiles, but I'd like to have all those search functions and be
able to build the whole project from the GUI. It would be cool if the
debugger would work too:-) That's a bit hard since our project consists
of a bunch of executables... I'd propably need to meddle a lot with all
those config-files to get anjuta to work the way I want it to for me.

Here's a complete list of problems I see with importing our project into
anjuta:
 * Existing build-system: Anjuta must not mess with it.
 * Existing directory layout. Our project is in CVS so I can not mess
   with that either.
 * Multiple executables. Which one should be debugged at any given time?
 * Multiple languages: C++, CORBA IDL, python, perl and java so far.
   Would be very cool if you could crossrefernece the functions between
   those languages. We have a documentation-tool called synopsis which
   allows for such crossreferences between C++ and python at least.
 * Size. KDevolop allways crashed when I tried to import Berlin:-)

It would be really cool if anjuta could handle all thise one day. Till
then it is a really cool source code editor:-)

--
Gruss,
Tobias

Tobias Hunger                  The box said: 'Windows 95 or better'
tobias berlin-consortium org                  So I installed Linux.