Re: [anjuta-devel] Maintaining Anjuta

Hi James!

I'm more than happy to continue filling in, but I'm beginning to ask
myself: at what point can I consider myself an official maintainer? I've
always looked at this role as a temporary one; as such I've been careful
not to be too presumptuous. I even list myself as Anjuta's "acting
maintainer" on my LinkedIn profile.

Just remove the acting, at least from my point you clearly belong (and
belonged for a while) to the maintainers.

1. To Johannes: Do you plan to return to your role any time in the near
future?

It is unlikely that I will return in the role I was simply due to the
time constrains that any job implies. I still hope I can help a bit here
and there with advice on the mailing list and bugzilla and random bug
fixing but I will certainly not develop any bug new features.

2. Would anyone object if I added myself as a maintainer to Anjuta's
doap file?  It's helpful to have a copy of the release announcement come
to my inbox as it does now for anjuta-extras. For anjuta I have to hunt
it down in the archive, and then copy and paste this into a release
announcement. Having it come to me is a little easier as I can just
forward the copy I get. Keep in mind that I would only supplement the
current maintainers, and not replace anyone.

No objection, see above. If the group at any points feels that I should
be removed from the list of maintainers than feel free to decide that
way but for now I would appreciate if I could stay there and help out if
anybody is unable to do a release or whatever.

Thanks,