[anjuta-devel] Maintaining Anjuta

Hi Everyone,
Now that we're once again at a point where we're looking forward, I'd
like to ask about the situation with Anjuta's maintainers. As you know,
I've been making Anjuta releases for the past six months due to
Johannes' continued hiatus.

I'm more than happy to continue filling in, but I'm beginning to ask
myself: at what point can I consider myself an official maintainer? I've
always looked at this role as a temporary one; as such I've been careful
not to be too presumptuous. I even list myself as Anjuta's "acting
maintainer" on my LinkedIn profile.

So I want to ask two things:

1. To Johannes: Do you plan to return to your role any time in the near
future?

2. Would anyone object if I added myself as a maintainer to Anjuta's
doap file?  It's helpful to have a copy of the release announcement come
to my inbox as it does now for anjuta-extras. For anjuta I have to hunt
it down in the archive, and then copy and paste this into a release
announcement. Having it come to me is a little easier as I can just
forward the copy I get. Keep in mind that I would only supplement the
current maintainers, and not replace anyone.

Thanks,
James