Re: [anjuta-devel] A "Close All But This" Feature for Tabs

Hey!

Also, how do I use the DEBUG_PRINT statement? Where does it write to?

DEBUG_PRINT writes to stderr (maybe stdout not sure) in case you enable
the --enable-debug configure switch. You can control the output with the
ANJUTA_DEBUG environment variable. It's explained in the development
docs of DEBUG_PRINT().
In general, the easiest thing is to just add a breakpoint in the
debugger of the function you are interested in (for example if it is
called).

On Wed, Mar 27, 2013 at 2:36 AM, Johannes Schmid <jhs jsschmid de>
wrote:
        Hi Varad!

        > I want to add a "Close All But This" menu item that appears
        in the
        > right click menu for editor tabs (or make a menu appear on
        middle
        > mouse press on a tab, which I think would be better), that
        lets users
        > do the same if they have multiple editor tabs open. I would
        like to
        > have your opinions.

        Please keep it in the right-click menu - a middle-click menu
        is nothing
        that is expected to exist in any gnome application.

        > Here's what I think I need to do:
        > - Modify the 'on_notebook_tab_btnpress/btnrelease' function
        in the
        > file anjuta-docman.c and add a 'gtk_notebook_remove_page'
        call to
        > remove the tabs.
        >
        > However, I still need to figure out how to make a menu
        appear, which
        > shouldn't be a problem.

        The menu is defined in the .xml file together with the data
        given in the
        plugin.c file (the big arrays defined in the front of the
        file). You can
        simply add another menu item there together with necessary
        seperators.

        The callback (and code) for closing all other tabs already
        exists (see
        the menu item in the "Document" menu) and is defined in
        action-callbacks.c (IIRC). So you just have to add the
        callback for the
        new menu item in the array.