Re: [anjuta-devel] GDL placeholder

Hi James,

Le 13/05/2012 09:26, James Liggett a écrit :
     GtkContainer *dock_item = g_object_get_data (G_OBJECT
(anjuta_dock_pane_get_widget (ANJUTA_DOCK_PANE
(git_plugin->stash_pane))), "dock-item");
     g_object_set (G_OBJECT (gdl_dock_object_get_parent_object
(GDL_DOCK_OBJECT (dock_item))), "page", 0, NULL);
That's awfully complicated. ;) In any case, your probably right that I'm
using the wrong function here. I'll dig into it some more to see if we
can't do this in a more elegant and obvious way. If not, then I'll try
this. Thanks.

Yes, I'm agree it is a bit complicated. I haven't checked if calling gtk_widget_show on a GtkNotebook page change the current page too. If yes, I think it makes sense to implement this in GDL too.

I don't want AnjutaDock users to have access to low level GDL objects;
the goal with AnjutaDock was to simplify GDL for use with less
complicated scenarios. Wrapping the GdlDockItem lets me hide the
complexity of dealing with GDL directly, which is something you and I
are already too familiar with :-)

It's written that AnjutaDockPane is for complex pane and I think it's easier to use GDL alone. Moreover if you want to hide completely GDL, you need much more code, I don't think it's a good idea.

I think the code above will be simpler if you can just convert a AnjutaDockPane to a GdlDockItem. Anyway, I still don't completely understand how GDL is working, I can change my mind later. But for the moment, all the code that I have seen in GDL make sense.