Re: [anjuta-devel] Code assistance plugin

Hi all,
Although I think we implicitly understand it, but still just wanted to bring out the fact that along with autocompletion and indentation, we might also want to make sure that providing calltips part is considered for the refactoring. For Python, calltips (pydocs on library methods) are provided in a similar manner as how autocompletion is performed, i.e. making calls to the rope library from the language-support-python. I believe for C, the symbol-db is used.

Does the gedit plugin have support for calltips? For python, showing the pydocs as calltips is useful. For C and other languages, having a mechanism to somehow hookup developer documentation along with the autocompletion engine/symbol parser might be good so as to have handy calltips that give out not just the method signatures, but also brief descriptions about the methods and parameters. This may not be a priority now, but perhaps something to keep in mind while performing this refactoring exercise.

Regards,
Ishan

On Thu, May 3, 2012 at 9:57 PM, Johannes Schmid <jhs jsschmid de> wrote:
Hi!

> Am I right, that language-support-cpp-java and language-support-python
> have already an indentation part (cpp-java-indentation and
> python-indentation)?

Yes, they have these parts, they are hidden in the plugin.c files.

> And my next question is how can I run unit tests? The
> language-support-js plugin has a folder named unit_test. But I have no
> idea, how can I run this test. It would be nice if the test run after
> the splitting.

Usually using "make test" but not sure if that works for
language-support-js.