Re: [anjuta-devel] Indentation in project wizard.

Hi Johannes,

Le 16/04/2012 21:31, Johannes Schmid a écrit :
I think being able to use different settings for different
languages is rather confusing than helpful.

I have just found that the width of the indentation is already defined in the settings of the corresponding language support plugin (by example cpp-indent-statement-size). We already have different indentation value for python and C by example. There is another settings in scintilla too, not in sourceview, but it's not used at least for C. It opens even more possibilities.

1. Use common settings (use-tabs, tab-width, indent-width) in anjuta/editor.
+ It's easy to find for the project wizard.
- If you change the number of space for indentation in python plugin, it will change the value for the C plugin too which could be unexpected.
- It's the same when changing tab width in sourceview and scintilla.

2. Keep the settings in their respective plugin
+ I don't need to change language support nor the editor plugins.
- It's a bit complex for the project wizard.

It has to know the language of the file (can be added in the .wiz file) and ask the user for the editor plugin. But even at that step we don't know where are the corresponding settings.

Then, perhaps we could add another property to the .plugin file giving the schema id and requiring fixed names for the needed settings.

Or should we add an interface to get them. There are already some function in the IAnjutaEditor interface to get some settings, but it's annoying because in this case, we need to create an editor object in addition.

3. There is a user request to keep these settings project wide only.
- It doesn't change the problem for the project wizard, as you can run it without a project.

I prefer to fix this issue completely than taking a temporary solution. So, I will wait a bit in case I find a better solution.