Re: [anjuta-devel] new project manager UI

Hi both,

Le 31/01/2011 19:36, Abderrahim Kitouni a écrit :
Well, Anjuta has a list of known node types. Probably that isn't enough
for some project management systems but that is pretty hard to fix.

I think there is no issue here. The project manager shouldn't limit the type of the children nodes bases on the type of the parent node as it's done now. This limitation was inherited from the previous code, the new project project manager doesn't need it. I'm currently changing the project manager to fix this.

What I asked for is adding a "unknown node type", i.e. a generic node
type that would be used if the node is unknown. I know it is
unreasonable to assume the project manager knows all possible node
types.

I haven't understood this. I don't plan to add an "unknown node type" because each kind of node should correspond only to a specific icon so I don't think an "unknown node" is needed.

Then, if there is something really specific, I can add new nodes like the module and package for autotools backend.

But the problem is that it doesn't "look" at all. The project manager
shows only the nodes it knows about
(root/group/target/source/module/package), and only in the relationships
it knows about (i.e. it doesn't show a target if it is a child of root).

Yes, this is clearly wrong, we can call it a bug but it should be fixed this week.