Re: [anjuta-devel] new project manager UI

Hi Abderrahim,

Le 30/01/2011 21:13, Abderrahim Kitouni a écrit :
I wanted to test the new (final) API for a project backend, so I ported
a (half-finished) BuilDj backend I had floating around over from the old
API, and I found a problem with the project manager: it doesn't show
targets that aren't in a group.

Indeed, looking at the code shows that it looks only for groups and
modules in the children of the root node (and for some other things in
groups etc.), and adding the same code for targets shows them without
problems. IMO, it shouldn't restrict what is shown based on its type. It
should be possible to write a, say, ant project backend and start using
it without anjuta knowing anything about it (backends that anjuta knows
about would have nicer icons, etc. but others should work as well). What
do you think?

Yes, I'm completely agree. It's like this for historical reason only, the code of the project manager needs quite a lots of cleaning.

btw, I didn't find what to put in the is_loaded method, wouldn't it make
more sense if it was in the project manager?

I can imagine that, in the future, the project manager could load several projects. If we add this function in the project manager it will mean that we could get this only for the current project or we need to pass a pointer on the project.

Anyway, I'm not against this change. The project manager already knows if the project is loaded so it's possible to do it here and it makes sense to avoid having this code in each backend.

So, If you really think it's better we can change it. Unless someone finds other reasons to keep it in the project backend plugin.

As the project manager
already keeps track of what is loaded, I think it doesn't add much if
the project backend also does it

If we put it in the project manager, I think it's better to remove it from the project backend to avoid confusion.

(I know I'm the one who asked for this
API and I didn't complain about it at the time, but since I bumped into
it recently I thought I would ask).

No problem, some issues are difficult to find without really using the code.