Re: [anjuta-devel] Anjuta icon + splash for 3.0

Hi,

Le 23/01/2011 00:25, Johannes Schmid a écrit :
Could you give me a reason for it? Basically no application I use still
has a splash screen and things have mostly been replaced by the
startup-notifications. Anjuta is not particularly slow on startup
(compared to the examples I gave above).

Even if there are other programs slower than Anjuta, I think it's quite slow.

When I first log in, I often start a few common programs, like several terminals, firefox, thunderbird, pidgin (I know that I could have started them automatically), and it often happens that one of these doesn't start because the GUI is a bit slow at that time and a click has been missed.

Else, when the computer is slow down, by example by some intensive calculation, I can click several times on one shortcut (I'm not particularly patient with computers) to start an application and end with several instances.

So I think it's better to have an immediate feedback with a splash screen.

Moreover I typically start all these programs, after log in, in different workspace. It would be nice if when the splash screen appears in one workspace the whole application stay in this workspace even if I have already switched to another one when it is completely loaded.

Note that I haven't used GNOME shell yet, it's quite possible that it makes a difference.