Re: [anjuta-devel] Fwd: Re: Another patch

Hi,

Le 06/02/2011 20:34, Abderrahim Kitouni a écrit :
I think it would be useful for such "read-only" project backends to have
an easy way to edit the project files. For example, a item in the
context menu and/or project menu that opens the correct makefile near
the line where the selected node is defined. What do you think? would it
be too difficult to implement?

It's not very easy to implement because all the graphical part is done in the project manager, there is nothing plan in the project manager to do such thing and I would like to avoid any graphical code in the backend.

The current backend supports only one makefile in the project directory, so it's not very difficult to find it.

My goal is to allow changing the makefile when adding/removing source and editing properties without opening the makefile in a text editor. I don't think it's useful to provide this intermediate step.

Editing the makefile directly is still supported, could have some syntax highlight and is still necessary for complex cases. But I think that for simple cases, it shouldn't be necessary to know how a makefile is working.

The makefile backend is working like the autotools backend. It parses the makefile and keep a syntax tree where you can make changes and save it back in the file. So it's not that difficult to support the same functions than with autotools but I have no time to do it for the coming release. Perhaps for the next one, but I don't know if the makefile backend is often used.