Re: [anjuta-devel] autoconf issue, maybe better to create new project backend for AVR plugins (based on a standard makefile)?

Hi Lucas,

Le 16/08/2011 00:17, Lucas van Dijk a écrit :
I don't fully agree this is a 'sort of anjuta project format', as it's
just a normal Makefile, but one Anjuta can understand.

Yes, it's better than using a completely specific format.

It's a bit the
same as autotools, only less complex and less stuff AVR programs don't
need.

The difference is that autotools format is the most common one on Linux.

There are a lot of other IDE's who also can't handle autotools
based projects.

I'm agree and I think it's the main difference comparing to other IDE. We try very hard to avoid forcing the use of Anjuta. It has some drawbacks.

Anyone without Anjuta can still work with the project
because the Makefile is well documented, and easy to configure.

Yes but if you allow direct modification of the Makefile, you need to fully support makefile format or describe the subset that is supported. But it becomes easily messy, by example supporting comments or custom rules looks quite useful but it means that you can have parts that you don't understand those can crash your standard parts.

My most concern in the current solution is parsing the configure string,
when the UI changes. To check whether some compiler options are already
there and which are not, IMO this is too error prone, and a too hacky
solution.

It's not the easiest solution for sure. I can consider it as hacky but parsing a makefile that can be modified directly is probably more error prone.