Re: [anjuta-devel] release of gtkpod 2.0

On 07/04/11 08:38, Johannes Schmid wrote:
Hi

Just thought I would let you know that gtkpod version 2 was released
about a week ago.

Cool!

For anyone not aware, it successfully utilises the libanjuta platform
for its windowing and plugin architecture but has its own set of plugins.

Anyway, if anyone wants any further details then let me know.

What I would actually be interested in is to split up libanjuta into a
generic application framework part and a all the specific widgets that
we need in Anjuta but that aren't useful to anything else. Like having
libanjuta and libanjuta-ui. I don't think I will have time for this but
if you want to try it could reduce the amount of code that you carry
around.

I am starting to look at this. I wondered about the following:

- libanjuta - just the framework library
- anjuta - base IDE application
- anjuta-c0re-plugins - all the widgets that make anjuta what it is

On a general note, how did you manage to build anjuta against
gtk+-3.0.0? I have spent the day trying to install and compile the
source on Mandriva 2010.2 and have eventually given up due to my life
being too short... I presume you must be using a dev / cooker / rawhide
release?

Cheers and regards

PGR

--
I know exactly who reads the papers ...

The Daily Mirror is read by people who think they run the country.

The Guardian is read by people who think they ought to run the country.

The Times is read by people who do actually run the country.

The Daily Mail is read by the wives of the people who run the country.

The Financial Times is read by the people who own the country.

The Morning Star is read by the people who think the country ought to be
run by another country.

The Daily Telegraph is read by the people who think it is.