Re: [anjuta-devel] release of gtkpod 2.0

Hi,

Le 10/04/2011 18:16, phantomjinx a écrit :
On a general note, how did you manage to build anjuta against
gtk+-3.0.0? I have spent the day trying to install and compile the
source on Mandriva 2010.2 and have eventually given up due to my life
being too short... I presume you must be using a dev / cooker / rawhide
release?

The easiest way is to use jhbuild.

But, I'm compiling it on Mandriva 2010.2. I have get all dependencies from tarball (atk, cairo, pango, pixman) or git (glib, gtk+3, gobject-introspection, libsoup, gtksourceview, gdl, libgda, anjuta) and recompile all this from sources.

It takes quite some time, and there is one difficulties with .la file. You don't need to recompile some libraries like libOrbit because GLib has kept some backward compatibility. The issue is that in the .la file in /usr/lib, libOrbit will require the old version of GLib (the one in /usr/lib), this old library is linked to your target and conflict with the new one.

I have solved this by copying .la file of such libraries from /usr/lib to /usr/local/lib and edit them to force using /usr/local/lib when there are available (mainly for GLib). It's quite annoying to find every dependent library, so I have written a small script to do it that you can find here:
http://live.gnome.org/Anjuta/Building

Anyway, I think almost everybody else is using jhbuild.