Re: [anjuta-devel] git-shell branch

Hi!

As for merging to master, I'm reluctant to do so at this point because
it's still very much feature-incomplete, and wouldn't meet the needs of
a lot of our users. It goes without saying that git shell development
hasn't progressed the way I would've liked. I'm way behind right now,
for various reasons (life, school, and just plain laziness,) so I don't
really think we're going to be where we need to be on this for 3.0. :(

I think it meets the needs of most users as you can already do the basic
things like push/pull/commit/creating tags, etc. I think all other
feature are quite hard to use in the old git plugin so I don't think
this is much of a regresssion.

Do you feel we'd be better served by having git shell in master, even if
it is far from done? I talked to Ignacio on IRC today and he seems to
like the idea of having a "preview" of git shell in master for 3.0,
where we could then work to finish it for future cycles.

Yes, it is much better to have development happening in master. Same
goes for the new project-manager. As soon as the basic functionality is
there I don't see any reason to hide things in a branch.