Re: [anjuta-devel] libpeas

Hi,

Le 23/08/2010 21:49, Johannes Schmid a écrit :
The document-manger only acts on the editor object
which is the Sourceview object or the TextEditor object but that is
different from the plugin object. The plugin object only implements
IAnjutaEditorFactory which return the editor object.

If I have understood correctly the libpeas documentation, a plugin cannot implement any GObject. That's why the plugin object is not a real GObject but any other GObject cannot be implemented by the plugin neither.

An editor plugin with libpeas cannot create an AnjutaSourceView GObject by example. Instead it can create a editor object on which you can call all functions provided by the plugin (you can have a ieditor_ref and ieditor_unref function to mimic a GObject).

Anyway, well will never now unless we have time to make some
proof-of-concept implementation I guess. Nothing that's urgent but it
would make plugin development easier for some people used to the libpeas
plugin system that is already used in eog, evince, totem and gedit.

The point is just to know if we can implement a real GObject inside a libpeas plugin.

If it's possible, the change will be in the anjuta plugin code only.
If it's impossible and I think it's the case, we need to change some important interfaces like IAnjutaEditor. We can perhaps do it before the 3.0 release but I'm not sure it worths it.