Re: [anjuta-devel] libpeas

Hi!

I'm not completely sure, but I think this possibility is already used in
Anjuta. By example, the document manager probably call g_object_unref on
editor object created by scintilla of sourceview plugin.

With libpeas, I think it will not be possible, you will probably have to
add a special free_editor function that is doing it. So we can use
libpeas but it's something different than our current plugin system.

I haven't investigated that deeply but for that case I am pretty sure it
is not a problem. The document-manger only acts on the editor object
which is the Sourceview object or the TextEditor object but that is
different from the plugin object. The plugin object only implements
IAnjutaEditorFactory which return the editor object.

Anyway, well will never now unless we have time to make some
proof-of-concept implementation I guess. Nothing that's urgent but it
would make plugin development easier for some people used to the libpeas
plugin system that is already used in eog, evince, totem and gedit.