Re: [anjuta-devel] Python support

Hi!

Am Sonntag, den 01.08.2010, 23:36 +0530 schrieb Ishan Chattopadhyaya:

Okay, sure Johannes. I'll try to fix the bug with non-project file.
I'll try to find and fix memory issues if I can find any. I'll do this
today, hopefully try to get a fix by tomorrow.

So, basically I made autocompletion and calltips fully async which seems
to work OK. Still, things like self<dot> or gtk<dot> take a very very
long time (18 seconds...) to complete. I have no idea why that takes so
long and I doubt rope takes so long to find the correct items. Would be
great if you could have a look at that because I have nearly no idea of
python or rope.

The UI should also be mostly fixed. Auto indentation seems to kind of
work though could probably see some more love.

What's missing is the check for the rope library as I am not yet sure
how to solve that. The simplest thing seems to be to evaluate if "python
-c "import rope" returns 0 (ok) or 1 (not installed).

Testers and feedback welcome. It should freeze your computer or kill you
kittens but you never know. It gives you autocompletion and calltips for
Python at least sometimes. To get it, "git checkout -b python-support
origin/python-support" in the anjuta directory.