Re: [Vala] Signal questions, Compilation problem

On Die, 2006-09-12 at 08:53 -0500, Cayle Graumann wrote:
I guess then the issue with the redefinition error on the enums must
be that I am creating and testing the vala binding file in the same
directory as the code I am trying to use the binding in.   Valac must
be thinking that it is a regular vala file and not a binding file.  I
don't see an annotation or other mechanism for declaring in a file
that a file is a binding and not a regular vala file, so do binding
files just need to go into a vapi directory?  Must this directory be
the installed share directory, or can it be a vapi directory within my
working directory until I know it and the library works?

It can be any directory, you just have to specify it with --vapidir and
instead of adding the vapi file to the commandline as a source file, you
add it as --pkg FILENAME_WITHOUT_EXTENSION

Jürg