Re: [Vala] Signal questions, Compilation problem

I guess then the issue with the redefinition error on the enums must be that I am creating and testing the vala binding file in the same directory as the code I am trying to use the binding in.   Valac must be thinking that it is a regular vala file and not a binding file.  I don't see an annotation or other mechanism for declaring in a file that a file is a binding and not a regular vala file, so do binding files just need to go into a vapi directory?  Must this directory be the installed share directory, or can it be a vapi directory within my working directory until I know it and the library works?

Cayle
Missouri

On 9/12/06, Jürg Billeter <j bitron ch> wrote:
On Mon, 2006-09-11 at 13:24 -0500, Cayle Graumann wrote:
> Also,
>
>     In the C header file, there is an enum list containing error
> codes.  If I duplicate this enum in the vala binding, I end up
> with a copy of the enum declared which won't compile by the C
> compiler.  Is there an annotation that I'm missing that prevents valac
> from emitting a block into the C code?

If the enum is in a VAPI file the compiler shouldn't emit anything. It's
planned to add an attribute to control code emission within a normal
vala source file but that hasn't been implemented yet.

> Also, here is another bug for your list in the enum code
>
> This will not compile by valac
>
>      enum MyEnum {
>            SUCCESS,
>            ERROR1,
>            ERROR10 = 10
>
>      }
> It does not like the assignment.

Yes, right, this is not yet supported. It doesn't matter for VAPI files,
though, as the compiler doesn't care about the value there.

Jürg