Re: [Vala] Signal questions, Compilation problem

On Mon, 2006-09-11 at 10:52 +0200, Jürg Billeter wrote:
On Mon, 2006-09-11 at 07:34 +0200, Daniel Borgmann wrote:
     Welcome to the vala development list.  Vala is very promising, but it's
still incomplete, especially with respect to the language bindings.   I'm
still discovering how to make bindings files because I'm trying to create
bindings to parts of the C standard library that are not supported yet.  I
would recommend you try your hand at adding the signals into the
gtk-2.0.vala file in the vapi directory.  When you get them added, I'm sure
Jurg wouldn't mind you sending him a patch file with the code you added, to
assist him in developing the bindings.

I've tried adding the signals to the interface but this had no effect.
Instead I had to add the signals to the actual Entry class. Patch
attached, but I don't think this is right.

Support for interface signals hasn't been added to the compiler yet, I
hope to get soon to fix it. Adding needed signals to the effective class
can be used as a work-around but - as you assumed - it's not the right
solution. The GTK+ bindings are generated by the way (experimental
generator is also in SVN, in the vapigen directory), so I will have to
fix the generator to also support interface signals.

Vala SVN now supports interface signals and the GTK+ bindings have been
updated to include them.

Jürg