Re: Is there anything comparable out-there?

Mark T.B. Carroll said:     (by the date of Tue, 15 May 2007 11:02:08 -0400)

> Ian Zimmerman <itz madbat mine nu> writes:
> (snip)
> > That is why sawfish is so great, and in this respect I don't think
> > there's anything equal.  They do try: WindowMaker has key bindings
> > almost as general as sawfish, but again no mouse bindings; metacity
> > has both, but restricts the key combinations severely (no Alt/Meta
> > bindings are allowed, IFIRC).
> (snip)
>
> I think ctwm might let you do such bindings, though. It's the only
> window manager, apart from sawfish, that I've much liked.
>
> I don't see it getting much active development these days, mind, either.

It is a bit strange that a good wm like sawfish dies... Can we try to
revive it? See my other post.

But OTOH if there is an alive wm as good as this one then I'd like
to hear about it. Even if I'm not going to try it now.