Re: Is there anything comparable out-there?

Janek Kozicki <janek_listy wp pl> writes:
> I'm wondering if it's a matter of time until we will all have to
> switch to something else

Probably, unless we manage to get some development going.

> - because some standard specification will get changed, and sawfish
> will not longer cooperate with latest xorg, or anything like that.

The core X specifications are very static, but some newer features
such as Beryl-style eye candy require extensions that are rather less
static.

> Is there anything comparable with sawfish out there?

PyWM perhaps?  Unfortunately it does not seem to be very actively
developed either, and I would expect it to be less stable than
Sawfish.  Haven't tried it though.  Using SWIG for scripting support
is an interesting idea, because multiple languages can be supported.

There have been other programmable window managers such as gwm, scwm
and Kahakai, but I fear that they are all dead.

--
	Timo Korvola		<URL:http://www.iki.fi/tkorvola>