Re: Is there anything comparable out-there?

Timo Korvola said:     (by the date of Tue, 15 May 2007 20:53:11 +0300)

> Janek Kozicki <janek_listy wp pl> writes:
> > I'm wondering if it's a matter of time until we will all have to
> > switch to something else
>
> Probably, unless we manage to get some development going.

I just got a new thought... What if we could collect some funnding?
Maybe there is someone on this list that would really like to develop
sawfish a bit, but can't because he needs to work for food'n'money. He
could set a paypal account or sth. similar, got some money from us
and do some work... eg. adapting that beryl extension or fixing some
year old bugs (eg. those in http://bugs.debian.org/sawfish or on
that .. other ... place I'm not sure about - official gnome bugzilla?
- it's in the other thread)

But still - we need someone to volunteer doing that... .. for a bit
of money we could offer. I have no idea if (and how much) we could
collect together something.

> There have been other programmable window managers such as gwm, scwm
> and Kahakai, but I fear that they are all dead.

Thanks for your suggestions. Now I realized that I like sawfish so
much that I don't want to try the others... that's weird ;)
I rememeber that many years ago I used one different window manager for
each week - from all the wm's I had in the ditribution :) Heh I've
even done the same with linux distributions - used each one for two
or 6 months untils I picked my favourite. Good old times :)