Re: Building Instructions?

On Fri, Oct 14, 2011 at 12:01 AM, Landon Jurgens <slick666 gmail com> wrote:
> Sounds like a good solution. We should probably put up a disclaimer and use
> the Development page as the root for all info. I'll set up a draft and email
> the list when I get it done.

Great. Also, this is a wiki, so don't be afraid to make incremental
changes directly there.

> Back to a question I raised earlier

Which I already answered in
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/planner-dev-list/2011-October/msg00001.html
but there were other answers to other questions too so you may have
missed it. :-)

> I have this output
[…]
> What do I need to get all these to be yes?

./autogen.sh --help
or actually (autogen.sh generates and then calls configure, so once
you generated it you only call configure directly)
./configure --help
brings a list of options.

In this list, you'll find:
  * --prefix which is used to change the directory your build will be
installed in. This is useful if you want to have a hand built version
installed alongside a package from your distribution. What's more, if
you change it to somewhere where you have write access such as a
subdir of your home, you won't need to *sudo* make install.
  * --enable-foo to enable feature foo. This is what you're talking about.

> Python plugins/bindings I think I get. I need to install the proper Python
> packages. but I'm drawing a blank on the others. Any ideas?

Having the dependency installed is only one part of the problem. You
need to --enable-feature to have configure add support for said
feature. First try adding that option and you'll see configure
complaining about a missing dependency.

--
Alexandre Franke