Re: Building Instructions?

Hey All,

I've been working up a complete, step by step on how to build planner for development purposes on multiple different OSes. I've been poking at Planner for a little while now an I recall how frustrating it was to get going. So I'm looking at updating the directions on the wiki.

http://live.gnome.org/Planner%20Installation%20Guide

I'm also thinking that we might want to put this on a separate page for developers. What do you guys think?

Here is what I got so far.

Ubuntu
sudo apt-get install git gconf2 libgnomeprintui2.2-0 libbonoboui2-0 libglade2-dev libgnomeui-dev libgnomecanvas2-dev gcc g++ gnome-common libglib2.0-dev gtk-doc-tools libxslt1-dev
git clone git://git.gnome.org/planner
cd planner
./autogen.sh
./configure

The result that I get are:

Planner prefix               : /usr/local
Build API docs               : no
Python bindings              : no
Python plugin                : no
Simple priority scheduling   : no
Database/GDA support         : no,
Evolution Data Server import : no
Evolution Data Server backend: no

It's not clear what I need to do to get all the options to light up for me. Any pointers would be helpful.

The build errors are such
cc1: warnings being treated as errors
planner-usage-row.c: In function ‘recalc_bounds’:
planner-usage-row.c:445:24: error: ‘x_debut’ may be used uninitialized in this function
planner-usage-row.c:445:33: error: ‘x_fin’ may be used uninitialized in this function
planner-usage-row.c:445:40: error: ‘x_debut_real’ may be used uninitialized in this function
make[2]: *** [planner-usage-row.lo] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/landon/planner/src'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/landon/planner'
make: *** [all] Error 2

I'm using Virtualbox to restore the hard drives to a pristine, fresh install before running these steps. I'll also be doing Debian, and Fedora next but if anyone has suggestions for another Linux to be added let me know.

On Mon, Apr 11, 2011 at 3:18 PM, Alexandre Franke <alexandre franke gmail com> wrote:
On Mon, Apr 11, 2011 at 9:06 PM, Landon Jurgens <slick666 gmail com> wrote:
> Ah, I see some things now that I had overlooked before and I have not seen
> the git Developers page. It might make sense to have spome pointers to the
> git info page for people like me that are new to Gnome, git, etc. It's not
> something thats planner specif but it might be good to point new folks to
> this info in an FAQ page etc.

I also agree that our pages new to be reworked. Some of them still
talk about Subversion which we are not using anymore. I'll see what I
can do when I find some time.

> Thanks for the reading material. I'll continue to get up to speed and
> hopefully start to look into something on bugzilla later this week.

Great news!

--
Alexandre Franke