Re: Building Instructions?

Perhaps we should put the build instructions in the respected distro wiki's. The requirements don't translate easily to package names. Even on a third go around it took me a couple of times to get it all right.

What about the idea of appending the page at the bottom with distro specific info?

Let me know
Landon

On Wed, Oct 12, 2011 at 10:04 AM, Alexandre Franke <alexandre franke gmail com> wrote:
On Wed, Oct 12, 2011 at 5:59 AM, Landon Jurgens <slick666 gmail com> wrote:
> Hey All,

Hi,

We already have a page for developers: http://live.gnome.org/Planner/Development

> Ubuntu

I'm not too much of a fan of distro specific docs in our wiki.

> git clone git://git.gnome.org/planner
> cd planner
> ./autogen.sh
> ./configure

autogen.sh will already do the configure step so that last line is redundant.

> It's not clear what I need to do to get all the options to light up for me.

Try ./autogen.sh (or ./configure for that matter) --help and have a
look at the optionnal features section.

> planner-usage-row.c: In function ‘recalc_bounds’:
> planner-usage-row.c:445:24: error: ‘x_debut’ may be used uninitialized in
> this function
> planner-usage-row.c:445:33: error: ‘x_fin’ may be used uninitialized in this
> function
> planner-usage-row.c:445:40: error: ‘x_debut_real’ may be used uninitialized
> in this function

These should be warnings, not errors. The variables are initialized on
line 475 by get_assignement_bounds().

--
Alexandre Franke