Re: Building Instructions?

Sounds like a good solution. We should probably put up a disclaimer and use the Development page as the root for all info. I'll set up a draft and email the list when I get it done.

Back to a question I raised earlier

I have this output
Planner prefix               : /usr/local
Build API docs               : no
Python bindings              : no
Python plugin                : no
Simple priority scheduling   : no
Database/GDA support         : no,
Evolution Data Server import : no
Evolution Data Server backend: no

What do I need to get all these to be yes?
Python plugins/bindings I think I get. I need to install the proper Python packages. but I'm drawing a blank on the others. Any ideas?

Landon

On Thu, Oct 13, 2011 at 1:57 AM, Alexandre Franke <alexandre franke gmail com> wrote:
On Thu, Oct 13, 2011 at 3:29 AM, Landon Jurgens <slick666 gmail com> wrote:
> Perhaps we should put the build instructions in the respected distro wiki's.
> The requirements don't translate easily to package names. Even on a third go
> around it took me a couple of times to get it all right.
> What about the idea of appending the page at the bottom with distro specific
> info?
> Let me know

What about a http://live.gnome.org/Planner/Development/Distros page
with just "For distro X, package Y  provides requirement Z."  linked
from http://live.gnome.org/Planner/Development ?

--
Alexandre Franke