Re: [orca-list] Announcement: this mailing list will be retired by the end of Oct 2022

Didier Spaier said:
Debian would be no more involved than gnome currently is, just kindly providing
the list hosting as gnome does with the current list. Hint: I am not a gnome
user either.

OK I think I understand now. Debian will only provide the hosting for the list. Thanks much for the explanation. This is good, although for a very long time I actually thought, as others have over the years, that Orca was in fact a subproject of GNOME. But this does make sense, and Debian, while I don't personally use it, is probably one of the best platforms for hosting an alternative email list infrastructure, that is of course assuming some problems with discourse via email can't be resolved in a trivial way. From what I have read though, it looks as though many of the problems may be fixable, but I'm with Joanie, Orca's lead developer, and will migrate, or be willing to be migrated, to whoever hosts this list going forward, whether it's hosted on Debian's Mailman platform, GNOME's Discourse, whatever. Just as long as I still can discuss things with the community or get Joanie to take a look at and hopefully fix a bug I find, but Orca has no bugs, just sayin' LOL.

~Kyle