Re: [orca-list] Announcement: this mailing list will be retired by the end of Oct 2022

Will Estesmentioned:
Discord has extensive accessibility problems. Discord is heavy handed and arbitrary in removing accounts.
Discord doesn't have a publicly searchable archive, which the mailing list does, and the mailing list needs
so that we can have a stored memory of solutions. Discord is proprietary, non-free software. ...

For the record, we are talking about the free Discourse web forum software hosted by the GNOME project, not Discord, which is a horse of a different color. If we were moving to Discord, I would probably have the same issue as you, but Discourse is *not* Discord. That said, from what I'm reading, Joanie has proposed moving us to a list hosted by Debian, and I'm OK with that as long as that's where Joanie is headed and as long as it can be made clear somewhere that Debian only hosts the list, so that people don't think Debian is involved in any way other than hosting.

~Kyle