Re: [orca-list] using skype with orca

Hi ARuni,

Aruni Sharma writes ("Re: [orca-list] using skype with orca"):
Hi Lukas, what IRC program are you using?

I am using erc, which is an IRC client for emacs/emacspeak.

please throw some light on
what is bittlebee and how to go about setting up the whole thing.

bitlbee allows you to interact with different IM systems like AOL,
MSN, ICQ and Jabber via IRC. It is an IRC server that you can run on
your own machine. bitlbee-skype is a plugin for bitlbee that adds
support for skype. In that sens, the situation is very similar to gaim
and the plugin you mentioned.

I found the documentation on the site somewhat diffecult to follow.

It took me quite a while myself to get it working. At the time, I did
not know about the skype plugin for gaim.

I have made a Debian package for bitlbee-skype, which works with
Ubuntu gutsy. It probably works on hardy too, but I have not tried. I
can send it to you if you want.

Best regards, Lukas