Re: [orca-list] using skype with orca

currently, the plugin has an option whereby it can automatically start
skype if it's not allredy running.

On 6/17/08, Hermann <meinelisten onlinehome de> wrote:
"Aruni Sharma" <libranarsh gmail com> writes:

Hi will, I'm going to prepare a small document today. shall I forward
it to the list? I'll try my best to make it as simple as possible. by
the way, you get all the options like calling text chatting etc using
this plugin.

I've found the following link to the programer's homepage:
http://www.myjobspace.co.nz/images/pidgin/
You can read a brief description of the plugin and how you have to
install it, and you get links for downloading as well.
But I've to warn you: Setting the whole thing up is not that easy,
because you've to install and preconfigure Skype, and the question is:
How can we do this? I remember having read that it is possible to edit
the config file manually, since it is an xml file; but anyway it seems a
bit tricky.
And, of course, Skype has to be started when using the plugin. On the
mentioned homepage there's an issue reported, where Pidgin crashes when
Skype is not running. Not that convenient, since one might use Pidgin
without Skype sometimes.
Hermann

--
All peoples would live in peace, if they could give up only two things: God
and Country.