Re: [orca-list] using skype with orca

Hi,
just tested the plugin, and, as I've suspected, it does not work out of
the box:
After installing Skype, one has to connect with username and password,
which you can, after having accepted the licence agreement, you have to
do both blindly.
When your login was correct, your name will appear in the title bar,
which Orca is reading.
Then you've to set up an account in Pidgin, which is fairly easy, and
after restarting Pidgin, your Skype account should be active.
With lot of trial and error I got to that point. But now I get the
message in Pidgin:
"User has logged out, Skype client not ready", where "user" is my Skype
name.
Furthermore I cannot close Skype after it was linked with Pidgin, I have
to do a "killall".
Lot of hard work, and in the end it doesn't make much sense to me till
now.
Any ideas?
Hermann

--
All peoples would live in peace, if they could give up only two things: God
and Country.