Re: hacking nm-applet

On Tuesday 31 of August 2010 13:19:28 Edward Doong wrote:
> Dear,
> i have some simple issue.
> if i want to hacking nm-applet what i can do.
>
> i add NetwokManager in my platform.
> And i use cnetworkmanager to connect WIFI.
> but Now i don't know how i can hacking nm-applet  to setting.
> ( 3,5G, ether, static ip for wifi etc...... )
> because cnetworkmanager only support not static ip & wifi.
> so, i think i must hacking nm-applet code included my program.
>
> i search python sample code to connect NetworkManagerUserSetting.
> but it only set static MAC address.
> (how can i write xml to usersetting file. ) [how nm-applet to do or
> function call?! ]
> what i need to focus function code?
>
> Could someone kindly help me. Give me a clue.
> Or, Privately taught me.
>
> Thanks everyone.
>
> BLUE

Could you please describe more specifically what you want to achieve ?

You may find useful these links:
http://live.gnome.org/NetworkManagerConfiguration
http://live.gnome.org/NetworkManager/SystemSettings

As for user connections (that are managed by nm-applet) you can add/edit them
via nm-connection-editor GUI.
If you want, you can also use gconf-editor or command line gconftool-2 tool.

Jirka