Re: Intel 4965AGN not working with NM

On Tuesday 31 of August 2010 15:37:46 Janek S. wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I guess not, since I'm using KDE 3.5, not 4.5. It took me a lot of work to
> get rid of the new KDE and switch back to the good old 3.5 branch. I'm not
> planning to use 4.X branch.
>
> Under suse 11.0 everything worked perfectly and I believe it can work as
> well under 11.3. The problem is that I can't interpret system logs on my
> own to track the problem. Anyone can explain what the logs say?
>
> Regards,
> JS

It appears as a knetworkmanager bug. Indeed, the logs say that the connection
is not valid.

Try to run these D-Bus calls to list your connections fro knetworkmanager:
dbus-send --system --print-reply --type=method_call \
--dest='org.freedesktop.NetworkManagerUserSettings' \
'/org/freedesktop/NetworkManagerSettings' \
org.freedesktop.NetworkManagerSettings.ListConnections

and then

dbus-send  --system --print-reply --
dest='org.freedesktop.NetworkManagerUserSettings'
'/org/freedesktop/NetworkManagerSettings/0'
org.freedesktop.NetworkManagerSettings.Connection.GetSettings

to dump the setting of your connection (change 0 to the number of your
connection).

I would also suggest to try nm-applet for GNOME. It should be in
NeworkManager-gnome package and generally works better. It runs well in KDE
(I'm using it myself that way).

Jirka