Re: Controlling the hardware volume

On Wed, 2009-11-25 at 01:04 -0500, José Alburquerque wrote:
> Finally, another element you might consider when working with volume
> control is the Gst::Volume plug-in.  According to the docs here:
>
> http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/gst-plugins-base-plugins/html/gst-plugins-base-plugins-volume.html
>
> It allows the control of the volume of audio through a pipeline.

One other thing:

The new update[1] in the docs from the bug I filed resulting from the
original bug report you filed seems to suggest that the Gst::Mixer
interface might not be the best way to control volume in an app.  It
suggests that either a Gst::Volume element or a Gst::Playbin be used in
a pipeline, or use the audiosink's volume property if it has one.

[1]
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gstreamer/commit/?id=5a1c788d9a58a032442ea09f091306640a0a7069

--
José