Re: [clutter-box2dmm] clutter_box2d_get_actor() is undefined

On Thu, 2009-11-19 at 12:38 +0200, Aarto Matti wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 17, 2009 at 7:17 PM, Murray Cumming <murrayc murrayc com>
> wrote:
>         On Mon, 2009-11-16 at 15:00 +0200, Aarto Matti wrote:
>         >
>         > On Fri, Nov 13, 2009 at 6:30 PM, Aarto Matti
>         <aarto matti gmail com>
>         > wrote:
>         >         Hello,
>         >
>         >         I would like to access C API fucntion
>         >         clutter_box2d_get_actor() from C++ code, how can I
>         do it?
>

>         Well, normally I would say
>         a) You can use the C API together with gobj() and
>         Glib::wrap().
>         and
>         b) You can provide patches to wrap extra API.
>
>         However, this function doesn't seem to be part of the C API.
>         It's here:
>         http://git.clutter-project.org/cgit.cgi?url=clutter-box2d/tree/clutter-box2d/clutter-box2d-actor.h#n71
>         but that header file is not installed, so it's just internal
>         implementation:
>         http://git.clutter-project.org/cgit.cgi?url=clutter-box2d/tree/clutter-box2d/Makefile.am#n21
>
>         Whatever you are trying to do, you should probably ask the
>         clutter
>         develoeprs how to achieve it with the C API.
>

> Yeah, later I looked myself into Makefile.am and didn't find
> clutter-box2d-actor.h included. I have also tried to extend the API, I
> wrote box2d-actor.hg and box2d-actor.ccg according to
> clutter-box2d_methods.defs, added box2d-actor.hg to
> Makefile_list_of_hg.am_fragment, but recompiling clutter-box2dmm
> didn't change a thing, no warning or errors or whatsoever. I there any
> common guide on writing such things?

Are you using it from git? In general, if you call autogen.sh, you will
be using --maintainer-mode with configure, which will cause regeneration
of files from the .hg/cgg files if necessary. Otherwise, we'd have to
check for dependencies not used by tarball builds.

www.openismus.com