Re: Gnome2 on MS Windows

On 4/14/05, muppet <scott asofyet org> wrote:

On Apr 14, 2005, at 8:28 AM, Gabor Szabo wrote:

On 4/14/05, muppet <scott asofyet org> wrote:
the Gnome2 and Gnome2::VFS modules in binary format for easy
installation on MS Winows.

the base libraries that these modules bind aren't available for native
win32 -- at least, not so far as i know.

On the other hand I don't understand this as Gnome itself can be
installed on
native Win32.

i was not aware of this.  last i checked (which i admit was a while
ago) libgnome and libgnome-vfs make some unixy assumptions and don't
compile cleanly or easily on native win32.

Oh sorry, that wasn't Gnome, I just got carried away with the success
of installing GTK.

The whole thing actually came up because I wanted to includ a file selector
and I though I will use Gtk2::Ex::Dialogs::ChooseFile from  Gtk2::Ex::Dialogs
but that module depends on Gnome2::VFS.

So how else can I includ a file and directory selector that is cross platform ?

Gabor