Programmatically Collapsing a Widget

Hi,

I have a simple dialogue widget holding server names and the databases they individually serve. In the lower half of the dialogue I have fields detailing the database information. These details are viewable/hideable via MORE and LESS buttons.

My problem is that when the dialogue is first rendered, the detail information is not displayed (all details held within a single widget which is hidden), except that the size of the dialogue is the same as if it were displayed, i.e., a whole bunch of blank space at the bottom. When hitting the MORE button, the details are displayed correctly, and when hitting LESS, are also hidden correctly. But again, same as at startup, the overall dialogue does not collaps to the size of only what is on display.

Is there a programmatic way of collapsing a widget to the size of its contents which are not hidden?

thanks for any pointers,

richard boaz