Dialogue Screen Placement

Hi,

More on dialogues:

I have attempted to use gtk_window_set_position() on my dialogues to be centered on the parent (GTK_WIN_POS_CENTER_ON_PARENT), but to no avail. (I have, in fact, tried all possible settings, they are all ignored.) I know screen managers can do whatever they want, but I see nothing in the documentation for this call indicating that it may fail, i.e., ignored by the screen manager.

I have also tried setting the parent for the dialogue with gtk_window_set_transient_for(), but this also had no effect.

Anyone have a clue why this would not work or how to make it work? I find it annoying and ugly that all dialogues come up positioned to the upper left-hand corner of the screen.

thanks,

richard boaz