Re: Deploying GTK on win

John Cupitt wrote:

1) Have GTK runtime in SystemPath
2) Have GTK runtime in same dir as your Exe
3) Create shortcut to your Exe and point "Start in folder" to GTK runtime
4) Add GTK runtime path in registry as Application Path for your Exe.
5) something other???

Good list. I use (2) for my application. It means you can distribute
as a simple .zip file, so it can run off a USB keyring and does not
need admin rights to install
(1) is a good choise when you have system-wide GTK runtime on system and
(3) and (4) are good when you want to have support both for system-wide and
for locally (in app install directory tree) installed runtime. I use number (4) as than I can provide two different installers that set up that key in registry.

It is possible to use number (4) but have fallback as in (2), but than content of
install dir does not look "fancy" as parts of GTK runtime must be there...

I think there's another option: the gtk runtime installer adds a
registry key for its location and the app looks it up and links on
startup.
Than you will need some application loader.
As far as I know your app can't start without loadable GTK runtime.

Goran