Re: [Evolution] evolution 1.4.5 + LDAP + TLS problem

On Tue, 2004-03-23 at 16:29, Tony Earnshaw wrote:

This is a server/openldap client exchange configuration error. The
server and the client are attempting to exchange certs, and the server
is saying that it can't accept the client cert because it doesn't
recognize the client CA. Therefore the server has not been given the
client CA in a form it can understand. However, we're not talking about
Evo or any other MTA here. The "bug" (which isn't a bug, since it would
long ago have been solved - late summer 2003) has to do with something
called "SASL external", which as a whole only leads to misery. Forget
SASL external.

I don't think I'm using it, although I'll double check.

Vincent. I can't help any further. Mine (and many others') works, yours
doesn't. Further help in configuring Openldap software on the Openldap
list (watch out for Big Daddy, who keeps on telling people they're OT if
they do not expressly confine themselves to Openldap software); it's Big
daddy's very own list.

Sure, I understand this is probably not evolution related. Many thanks
for your help & time so far.

I'll follow your advice, and dig a little  with the openldap mailing
lists.

Thanks again.
Regards,

Bottom line: If Openldap is configured correctly for SSL and/or TLS, Evo
1.4.5 TLS works, out of the box. Not just I, but several
hundred/thousand others can attest to this ;)

Best,

--Tonni
--
Vincent Jaussaud
Kelkoo.com Security Manager

"Those who desire to give up freedom in order to gain security will not
have, nor do they deserve, either one."
    -- President Thomas Jefferson.    1743-1826