Re: [Evolution] evolution 1.4.5 + LDAP + TLS problem

man, 22.03.2004 kl. 15.58 skrev Vincent Jaussaud:

Evo's LDAP client doesn't need a cert and doesn't complain about
self-signed certs - not 1.4.x, anyway.

I agree, so I think the problem comes from openLDAP.

My slapd.conf is configured that way btw:
TLSCertificateFile /usr/share/ssl/certs/server.pem
TLSCertificateKeyFile /usr/share/ssl/certs/server.key
TLSVerifyClient never
TLSCACertificateFile    /usr/share/ssl/certs/mycompanyCA.pem
TLSCACertificatePath /usr/share/ssl/certs/

TLSCACertificatePath should not be given without prior, vry good doc
reading.

And it definitely works with Mozilla / Outlook, so there has to be
something to do with evo.

As I wrote, my Evo is 1.4.5, Openldap is 2.2.6. But it's also worked
with earlier versions of both, though earlier Evo than 1.4.5 (last was
1.2.x) was *horrible* and gave all sorts of problems.

Both Mozilla/Outlook knows about our company CA (eg, it is included in
their Trusting CA databases), while Evo do not.

O.k.

But then, I don't understand what the "TLSVerifyClient never" option is
used for..

It isn't, unless you're using Openldap's SASL external. Just forget it
:)

--Tonni

--

mail: billy - at - billy.demon.nl