Re: [Evolution-hackers] Checking application of extensions and plugins for a software test installation

On Tue, 2020-11-03 at 12:19 +0100, Markus Elfring wrote:
By the way:
I installed the software package “libwebkit2gtk-4_0-37” (2.30.2-1.1)
yesterday afternoon.
Now I stumble also on the following error message.

home/elfring/Projekte/Bau/Evolution/3.36.5/Probe/bin/evolution:
symbol lookup error: /usr/lib64/libwebkit2gtk-4.0.so.37: undefined
symbol: wpe_fdo_initialize_shm

        Hi,
I've not much idea on this one. On the first look, it looks like a
mismatch of the development files and the binary files, or stale build
artifacts (then you might eventually rebuild), or some dependency
(possibly of the WebKitGTK) is old/new, or... You may ask Google or
your distribution maintainer, though the quickest workaround is
obvious, revert the package(s) update.

git checkout 3.36.5

Why do you use obsolete version? If you are going to propose patches,
then you should follow the main development branch, which is called
'master' here. That will also make sure your patches will apply cleanly
to the development version.

Maybe Evolution claims runtime  warnings on the console,

Some were displayed.

Aha, then focus on those and do fix them first. The runtime warnings
are meant to claim when something unexpected happens. Like the one with
the undefined symbol above. I suppose until you fix that one you cannot
run your custom build at all.

If you have issues, then try the Building wiki page,...

Who would like to help with mentioned program start arguments
and related dependencies?

Funny you quoted the answer too. That only supports what Andre said.
That's really sad.

I'm done with this thread. Do not expect additional answers from me.

        Thanks for trying and bye,
        Milan