Re: [Evolution-hackers] Checking application of extensions and plugins for a software test installation

To get some background information to the archive readers (which I
learnt from the GNOME's GitLab ticket(s) you filled): you've been
building only Evolution

I built a selected version of this program.

(thus not following the Building wiki page from its top)

This kind of response will need further clarification.

against system evolution-data-server (eds) and you do not like
that Evolution installs its eds module into the directory,
where eds expects to have the modules installed.

I suggest to recheck the functionality from the CMake scripts.

elfring@Sonne:~> /usr/bin/pkgconf --variable=uimoduledir libedataserverui-1.2
/usr/lib64/evolution-data-server/ui-modules

The DESTDIR thing would just make the contributors confused
why their eds module change has no effect.

This environment variable has got a known purpose.

I do not know what (else?) you've done differently that the things
do not work for you, or why you think they don't work properly for you.

My approach for a test installation is clearly described, isn't it?

I hope this thread is resolved now.

Not yet.

Regards,
Markus