Re: [Banshee-List] Banshee 2.6.1 won't update 4th generation iPod Shuffle

On 01/11/2014 12:01 PM, Tom Williams wrote:
Banshee converts the audio track to MP3 and then shows the progress bar
like it's updating the iPod but it never finishes and the number of
tracks on the iPod never changes.

Back when I used Apple gear I remember there was an update where they
made the iTunes database proprietary. So you could use the iPod as a
read only device in Banshee, and you could even copy files over to it,
but it would never show up in the songs list because the library had no
way to update the iPod DB.

I haven't tried in at least two years, but you may be out of luck.

-T

--
Tarus BALOG, Maintainer                     Main:   +1 919 533 0160
The OpenNMS Group, Inc.                     Fax:    +1 773 345 3645