Re: [Banshee-List] Banshee 2.6.1 won't update 4th generation iPod Shuffle

On 11/01/14 21:16, Tom Williams wrote:
On 01/11/2014 10:08 AM, "Andrés G. Aragoneses" wrote:
Hi Tom thanks for writing.

Banshee uses libgpod library to access Apple devices. Have you checkes
on libgpod's website if your device is 100% supported?

Thanks

Thanks for the reply!   I haven't checked libgpod's site, personally,
but the fact my iPod does work with a different Ubuntu system makes me

Define "different Ubuntu system"? What version of Ubuntu, what
architecture, what version of Banshee?

believe the iPod is supported.  I use Banshee on two different Ubuntu
systems.  Initially, I loaded some music on the iPod using iTunes on
Windows XP and I loaded the rest of the music using Banshee on an Ubuntu

I don't think you can happily mix WindowsXP sync and Ubuntu sync, you
have to decide which OS you are going to do the sync with, and stick
with it.

system.  The Windows XP system was replaced with another Ubuntu system
and it's this new Ubuntu system I'm having the Banshee issue with.

I suppose I should generate a debug log on the working Ubuntu system for
comparison. Perhaps there might be a clue as to why one system works
with my iPod and the other doesn't.

Yes, but tell us the differences in versions first. And check the
libgpod's site first of all, just in case it gives us better clues there
too.

Thanks!

Peace...

Tom