Re: [Banshee-List] Do we have any examples of the anonymous statistics benefitting users yet?

On Fri, Mar 19, 2010 at 10:13 PM, Gabriel Burt <gabriel burt gmail com> wrote:
> What is wrong w/ the Mono packages the Ubuntu/Debian Mono teams ships?

Nothing but I'm guessing people would like newer Mono. I don't know
how opensuse/SLED do upgrades but Ubuntu is frozen after release. So
if a new Mono comes out between releases you have to wait at least 6
months to get it in a stable release. And that is if they decide to
ship with it (Lucid has 2.4 but that is purely because its a LTS
release (referring to Mono not Lucid)). So 2.6 is going to be in 10.10
which is 8 months away.