Re: [Banshee-List] metrics

On 3/4/2010 12:24, Dave wrote:
I don't use replaygain and would always disable it if given the
opportunity. Nothing against it really, but I don't want my music
normalized across all files. Whether it's only for the session or a
permanent thing.

Certainly to each his own, but do you even have ReplayGain tags in your music library?

Because doing ReplayGain tagging is a separate process (and one that Banshee doesn't have a front end for, on linux an interested person will need mp3gain/vorbisgain), I could imagine it would be nice for those of us with ReplayGain tags for Banshee to do something like: "Banshee noticed that a significant portion of your music is tagged for ReplayGain and has automatically enabled ReplayGain during playback. This can be changed at any time in the Preferences."

As an itinerant shuffler, I, for one, absolutely rely on ReplayGain for my sanity.

--
--Max Battcher--
http://worldmaker.net