Re: [Banshee-List] Bug 527788 "Could not fetch metadata for CD"

On Mon, Aug 25, 2008 at 1:33 PM, JameeM <simulated gmail com> wrote:
>Please file a bug with as many details as possible.

  Would you like for me to open a new bug?

Yes, please.

Clearly, banshee is requesting the correct
CD, and
  receiving the data for the requested CD. I verified this is, in fact, the
info
  for the CD in the drive. So, in this particular case, musicbrainz has the
  correct CD, banshee calculated the hash correctly, and correctly
requested
  the CD, musicbrainz returned the data (as verified by a network sniffer).
  Banshee just doesn't seem to do anything useful with the returned data.
In
  this particular case, I don't think it's a case of music brainz not
having the
  CD.

  This is for banshee 1.2.1. I retried several times with the same cd, even
  restarting banshee between attempts. Musicbrainz has the cd, rythmbox
  saw it right away. Banshee doesn't.

Right, thus my request that you file a new bug. :)

Cheers,
Andrew